Policies and Procedures
Personal Data Collection
The Shackleton Foundation may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of contacting us or applying for a grant.
- Information that you provide to us when donating to the Foundation.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using Personal Data
Personal information submitted to us via the website or directly via email or post will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or on relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal data to:
- Process grant applications.
- Send you email notifications related to a grant application and regarding any queries raised in the application form.
- Process your donations and to claim Gift Aid on your donations.
- Update you with important administrative messages about your donation.
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- Send you general non-marketing communications.
- Send you reminders regarding updates on reporting progress as agreed as part of your Shackleton Leader’s Agreement (SLA).
This information is processed according to the General Data Protection Regulation for the following reasons:-
- As necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest, in this case the distribution of funds to a variety of charities and social enterprises who meet the Shackleton Foundation’s charitable objectives.
- As necessary in the pursuit of the legitimate interests of the charity, in this case, to acquire the information necessary to process grant applications or donations.
- For compliance with legal obligations, in this case to provide full and accurate information to the Charity Commission and Companies House concerning the Directors of the Foundation.
- In some cases, we will only use your personal information where we have your consent. However there are other lawful reasons that allow us to process your personal information and one of those is called ‘legitimate interests’. This means that the reason that we are processing information is because there is a legitimate interest for the Shackleton Foundation to process your information to help us achieve our vision. Whenever we process your personal information under the ‘legitimate interest’ lawful basis, we make sure that we consider your rights and interests and will not process your personal information if we feel there is an imbalance.
The Shackleton Foundation reserves the right to hold data related to grant applications for archive purposes and in order to facilitate a high standard of due diligence which will enable the charity to continue to fulfill its statutory obligations. We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary.
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information and we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. We strive to protect your personal information, however we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data, the right to have certain data erased or corrected, and the right to object to us processing your data. If you have given us your consent to use personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to escalate any data privacy complaints to the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email us at: email@example.com
Links to other websites
Review of this Policy
We regularly review this policy. This policy was last updated on 24th May 2018.