We invest in inspirational leaders and early-stage social enterprises with the potential to make a real difference to the lives of disadvantaged young people. We provide up to £10,000 of seed funding and support to enable aspiring leaders and social entrepreneurs to establish their own ventures to help young people in challenging circumstances.
Eligible ideas must:
- Be innovative and fresh
- Fulfil a clear need and demand
- Be in the first two years of development
- Have a real social impact
- Have well-defined outputs and goals
- Have the potential for real growth and sustainability
- The beneficiaries of the work must be young people predominantly based in the UK
Are you interested?
Applications should set out how the applicant matches the spirit of Shackleton. They should explain what the leader’s vision is, and how this vision meets a clear need and benefits disadvantaged and socially marginalised young people. Applications should also outline the aims, outputs and goals of the project and how it will sustain itself in the future.
Applications can be sent via post or email to the addresses shown on the front of the application form.